McCutcheon Halley is recognised as one of the most successful planning and environmental consultancies in Ireland, having gained an excellent reputation for delivering planning and environmental consultancy services to a wide range of sectors, including residential, commercial, retail, flood protection schemes and renewable energy. We are now at the point of needing to grow our Environmental team further and would like to speak to candidates who are interested in an Environmental Consultant position, based in our Cork and/or Dublin offices.
We are keen to speak to candidates who are experienced Environmental and/or Ecological Consultants and are looking to take on additional responsibility and develop their careers further.
The successful candidate will have experience as an environmental team leader preparing and coordinating EIARs and Appropriate Assessments. Experience in a complementary environmental discipline, such as ecology will be viewed favourably.
More about what you will be doing in this role:
- The work will be diverse and involve all aspects of environmental consultancy with a primary focus on EIARs and Appropriate Assessment; it will also include the provision of day-to-day environmental advice to other business streams.
- Prepare and/or input into Environmental Reports, Appropriate Assessments and Environmental Impact Assessment Reports supporting planning applications
- Managing projects from inception to completion including interaction with project stakeholders, clients, and other project team members, both internal and external.
- Undertaking environmental and ecological assessments.
- Working collaboratively with clients, colleagues, and external consultants.
- Liaising with County Councils, An Bord Pleanála and other statutory bodies as required.
- Attendance at meetings with clients, project teams and other stakeholders.
- Project manage multi-disciplinary teams of professionals.
About the ideal candidate:
- Qualification (Level 8) in Environmental Science/Engineering or a related subject.
- Accredited courses from CIEEM, CIWEM and/or IEMA or equivalent.
- At least 3 years experience in environmental consultancy.
- Excellent knowledge of European and Irish environmental regulations and legislation.
- Experienced in project management methodology generally and can apply good project management principles to all your engagements with clients.
- Excellent report writing skills and the ability to communicate clearly with others.
- Ability to review specialist and assess specialist technical reports.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office including the ability to use templates and produce professional quality reports.
- A full driving licence and access to a car.
- Clear and confident communication skills.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Good knowledge of Irish planning and development procedures and legislation (Note: we have a dedicated Planning team who can assist with technical planning queries).
- Experience with marine Environmental projects and/or offshore renewable energy projects
- Offshore renewable projects.
- Experience in using CAD and/or GIS.
- Competitive salary and package
- Architecture & Planning
- Full Time
- Project Management
[22/07 17:29] Larry Millard
If you feel you have the skills and experience and are ready for your next challenge, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org