McCutcheon Halley is recognised as one of the most successful planning and environmental consultants in Ireland, having gained an excellent reputation for delivering planning and environmental services to a wide range of sectors, including residential, commercial, retail, and renewable energy.
Due to consistent growth, we are now at the point of needing to grow our Planning team further. We would like to speak to candidates who are Planning Consultants and are looking to take on additional responsibility, develop their careers further and are interested in an Executive Planning Consultant position, based in our Cork and/or Dublin offices.
More about what you will be doing in this role:
- Managing medium to large scale projects from inception to completion including interaction with project stakeholders, clients, and other project team members, both internal and external.
- Develop a planning strategy with guidance from senior staff.
- Work collaboratively with clients, colleagues, and external consultants.
- Preparing fee proposals and management of project budget.
- Liaising with County Councils, An Bord Pleanála and other statutory bodies as required.
- Actively participating and promoting the Company at all client engagement points and across formal social media forums as part of business development activities.
- Lead multi-disciplinary design team meetings.
- Work with and guide/mentor junior staff members so that they learn and develop their careers.
About the ideal candidate:
- Level 8 or Level 9 qualification in Planning & Sustainable Development.
- Corporate Member of the IPI, Chartered Member of the RTPI or equivalent.
- At least 5+ years of planning experience.
- Comprehensive understanding and knowledge of Irish Planning legislation and regulations and maintains up-to-date on changes to legislation and practices.
- Highly organised, actively demonstrates awareness of critical dates and ensures adherence to deadlines.
- Excellent analytical skills in identifying planning constraints.
- Demonstrates a good understanding of planning risks associated with their projects and provides options for reducing risk and considers this when decision making.
- Actively manages own work programme, demonstrates an awareness of fee quotes and recoverability of their work and prioritises work appropriately.
- Develops good working relationships with all teams, clients and demonstrates the ability to exceed client expectations. Conscientious of clients’ and practices needs at all times.
- Provides clear input to the design team about layout and design.
- Ability to prepare professional quality reports in MS Word and excellent knowledge of MS Excel.
- A full driving licence and access to a car.
- Experience in using CAD and/or GIS.
- At least 2 years of planning experience within a planning consultancy.
Must be eligible to work in Ireland.
- Competitive salary and package
- Mid to senior level
- Architecture & Planning
- Full Time
- Project Management
If you feel you have the skills and experience and are ready for your next challenge, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com