Strategic Infrastructure Development (SID) Applications
McCutcheon Halley have a significant positive track record of achieving consents under the SID process. We have obtained permission for a wide range of projects, including most recently the expansion of the Port of Cork. Our depth of experience with SID applications means that we have a unique insight into the process that enables projects to be approved in a timely and efficient manner.
The Planning and Development Act 2000 (as amended) provides for a special planning application process for Strategic Infrastructure Development (SID). This procedure allows for an application to be made directly to An Bord Pleanála. SID status is afforded to developments which are considered of strategic economic or social importance to the State or a region and which generally include developments relating to energy infrastructure, transport infrastructure, environmental infrastructure projects and most recently data centres.
We can advise on all stages of the SID Process:
- Consultation meetings on behalf of prospective applicants with An Bord Pleanála
- Consultations with statutory bodies and with the public
- Preparation of Environmental Impact Assessment Reports and Appropriate Assessments
- Submission of Strategic Infrastructure applications for permission to An Bord Pleanála
- Oral Hearing Participation and interpretation of Decisions and Conditions