With a diverse range of developments being constructed on a national scale, this is a brilliant time for ambitious, confident town planners who want to shape the areas they live in to make the step up to Associate Director.
McCutcheon Halley is recognised as one of the most successful planning and environmental consultants in Ireland, having gained an excellent reputation for delivering planning and environmental services to a wide range of sectors, including residential, commercial, retail, and renewable energy.
Due to consistent growth, we are now seeking an experienced and ambitious Associate Director to join our team
We are keen to speak to candidates who are Senior Planners and are looking to take on additional responsibility and develop their careers further.
More about what you will be doing in this role:
- Lead the preparation of fee proposals in response to tender requests.
- Analyse development proposals and provide strategic planning and environmental advice to clients.
- Take overall responsibility for the delivery of projects including allocation of resources, ensuring delivery of contractual arrangements and the financial outcome agreed upon.
- Liaise with clients and design teams to resolve issues at the earliest stage.
- Presenting to clients and key stakeholders in a professional, responsive, and client-focused manner.
- Delegate responsibilities and supervise the work of senior planners providing guidance and motivation to drive maximum performance.
- Ensure technical content and quality of output produced is in line with the project brief.
- Identify and assess new project opportunities.
- Develop, nurture, and maintain client relationships.
- Prepare and implement comprehensive business plans for market development opportunities.
- Working with the company Directors ensures the financial performance of the allocated teams.
About the ideal candidate:
- Strong leadership abilities.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Expertise in budgeting and creating project timelines.
- Strong collaborative and problem-solving skills.
- Exemplary planning skills including a deep understanding of the planning consent process.
- Client-facing skills with the ability to present and communicate at senior levels and across a range of stakeholders.
- Keen knowledge and expertise in planning practice legislation across Ireland.
- Outstanding project management skills coupled with timeliness and accuracy.
- Excellent report writing with a natural ability to explain and discuss planning issues for a varied audience.
- Business development skills with a track record of creating new pipelines.
- A talent for line management and team leadership with the ability to mentor and develop junior colleagues.
- Ability to prioritise workloads and juggle competing demands.
- Strong networking skills with the ability to build contacts across the industry.
- Skilled in planning software and data systems.
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Corporate Member of the IPI, Chartered membership of The Royal Town Planning Institute.
- Minimum degree qualification in town planning or related discipline with 10 years post-qualification experience.
MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN IRELAND
- Competitive salary and package
- Architecture & Planning
- Full Time
- Project Management
- Business development