McCutcheon Halley is recognised as one of the most successful planning and environmental consultants in Ireland, having gained an excellent reputation for delivering planning and environmental services to a wide range of sectors, including residential, commercial, retail, and renewable energy.
Due to consistent growth, we are now at the point of needing to grow our Planning team further. We would like to speak to candidates who are experienced planners in either the public or private sector and are looking to take on additional responsibility, develop their careers further and are interested in a Senior Planning Consultant position and joining our team.
More about what you will be doing in this role:
- Managing projects from inception to completion including interaction with project stakeholders, clients, and other project team members, both internal and external.
- Developing project plans ensuring to manage the project budgets effectively and ensure the delivery of high-quality services on time.
- Liaising with County Councils, An Bord Pleanála and other statutory bodies as required.
- Mentoring junior staff members so that they learn and develop their careers within the organisation.
- Actively participating and promoting the Company at all client engagement points and across formal social media forums as part of business development activities, client pitches and securing additional business.
- Centrally involved in the management of team caseload and oversees efficient delivery of client instructions.
- Developing new strategies and structures in response to emerging legislation or policy.
About the ideal candidate:
- Level 8 or Level 9 qualification in Planning & Sustainable Development.
- Corporate Member of the IPI, Chartered Member of the RTPI or equivalent.
- 8+ years of planning experience.
- Comprehensive understanding and knowledge of Irish Planning legislation, and regulations and maintains up-to-date on changes to legislation and practices and advises on implications to the practice and current projects.
- Excellent analytical skills in identifying planning constraints and opportunities.
- Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of all elements of risk of the project and considers this when decision-making.
- Ability to analyse architectural drawings and make recommendations where it is necessary to align with development management criteria.
- A demonstrable record in the area of development management, including evidence of successfully taking large-scale projects through the planning system.
- A demonstrable record of judgement and decision-making in complex planning areas with many variables.
- Develops good working relationships with all teams, and clients and demonstrates the ability to exceed client expectations.
- Ability to prepare professional quality reports in MS Word, ensure adherence to company templates and excellent knowledge of MS Excel.
- A full driving licence and access to a car.
- Experience in using Adobe Creative Suite.
- 5 years of planning experience within a planning consultancy.
MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN IRELAND
- Competitive salary, package and extensive benefits
- Architecture & Planning
- Full Time
- Project Management